The Martinsville Senior Center operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. A copy of our complete Title VI Plan can be viewed by clicking the link below. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the transit services provided by the Martinsville Senior Center or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, national origin, gender, age, or disability please fill out the provided forms below and return them to the Martinsville Senior Center.
The Senior Center is hosting the following weekly activities:
- Bible Study: Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Nutrition Site: Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Bingo: 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Senior Transportation Services
The Martinsville Senior Center offers transportation to eligible seniors and disabled non-seniors Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 3 pm.
- They must be sixty years of age or older and live in the City of Martinsville. If under sixty years of age, they must be disabled.
- Lack the ability to transport themselves and lack other means of transportation.
- Priority shall be given to those who are in the greatest economic and social need.
- Priority will be given to low-income minority individuals and to those residing in rural or geographically isolated areas.
Individuals can sign up for transportation by calling the Senior Center at 276-403-5260. An assessment form is filled out and a determination is made within 3 working days whether or not the person is eligible.
The Senior Center transports seniors to medical appointments - this includes kidney dialysis, physical therapy and regular medical appointments. We transport to the drug store to pick up prescriptions. We also transport to the food bank, social services, and to other support services for the elderly. After eligibility is determined seniors must call the Senior Center at 276-403-5260 by 10 am the day before they need service.
Limited Schedule Due to COVID-19
Please note we are operating on a limited schedule due to COVID-19. Some trips that are requested may be denied if they are not considered essential stops.