Below is a summary of the Martinsville City Council meeting held on Tuesday, April 25th. To watch a video of the entire meeting click here.
City Manager, Leon Towarnicki, presented a proposed budget for FY 2024 to City Council during Tuesday night's meeting that includes a 10.9% increase in general fund revenue. To read more on the proposed budget presentation click here.
City Council made the following appoints during closed session:
- Barbra Shively, 3 year term, Transportation Safety Commission
- Michael Green, 3 year term, Architectural Review Board
- Khalil Baker, 2 year term, Citizen Advisory Board
City Council voted during closed session to allow staff to contract the Berkley Group to aid in forming the City's Strategic Plan.
- Council passed a resolution recognizing Friday, April 28, 2023, as National Arbor Day to remind citizens of the importance of trees and to encourage citizens to support efforts to protect, plant, and re-plant trees.
- Council passed a resolution recognizing the week of May 7-13, 2023 as National Correctional Officers and Employees week.