Government: Ensure a Government That Is Efficient, Transparent, Affordable, Inclusive & Collaborative
- Key Outcomes: A citizen academy with excellent participant reviews. Use website and social media to announce opportunities.
- Success Indicator: Improved communications with the citizens and public to demonstrate and reinforce the government's accountability.
- Supporting Goals:
- Establish citizen academy.
- Celebrate successes at Council meetings.
- Hold citizen meetings with Mayor and Vice Mayor.
- Performance Measure: Number of citizens completing the academy T:(10) per year
- Lead Responsibility: Human Resources.
- Priority: Immediate
- Researched surrounding localities for input to establishing a successful citizens academy. Reached out to residents and city employees for input and potential participation. Finalizing draft agenda foe review of participants. (Wayne Know - October 27, 2016)
- Applications will be developed and sent to those interested in participating.an optional field trip will be offered. (Wayne Know - October 27, 2016)
- The tentative schedule will be 10 to 12 weeks in duration; It will include most, if not all departments. (Wayne Know - October 27, 2016)
- Citizen Academy is scheduled to begin February 2, 2017; 4 to 5 weekly meetings. (Leon Towarnicki - January 1, 2017)
Explanation of Data
- First session of citizens academy conducted on February 2nd with 6 participants, 2 students, and 3 councilmen (Wayne Know - February 3, 2017)